Thursday, October 25, 2012

Planning = Pain

I plan ahead. I even plan about when I will be planning things. When plans change or someone else's plans interfere with mine, I do not deal well with it. Being a friend and family member of people who are not planners and that seem to like changes/last minute planning means that I'm sent into a crazy frenzy frequently. Then the stress headaches appear. Ugh. Sometimes I wish I could just let go and go with the flow, but I'm fairly certain it's not in my DNA. My mom self diagnosed us with C O D. Yep, I said COD. Since it wasn't an official diagnosis my mom insisted that we had COD instead of OCD because a disorder like that should be in alphabetical order! True story. So, if you have super helpful hints on how a weirdo like myself could better deal with changes, send them my way because this girl is over the stress of it all. And, I'm sure my wonderful husband would thank you if any of it actually worked. :)

1 comment:

  1. eep I used to be just like you, if things were not in my control and not in order i would get so stressed, panicky and tense. I think once you start allowing things to go a different direction it does get easier. And it's fun to welcome the unexpected! I did it step by step and I feel somewhat normal now. a major relief as being constantly stressed reduced your life span !

    I am holding a giveaway worth $50 over at my blog today

    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete